Thursday, September 6, 2007

Remember Those Happy Days?

God I miss those good old days! Remember when we had no worries? I remember playing with Barbie dolls, playing house, and hide-n-go seek all those moments will forever stay in my head. I remember when I used to wish I was grown up so that no one told me what to do but now as I have gotten older I see why my mom always told me to never be in a rush to grow up. Do not get me wrong I love the things I get to do now that I am older but I miss having no worries about life. Living as if nothing ever was wrong or as they say in Spanish vivir la vida como si fuera color de rosa which live life as if it were in a pink shade(perfect).
As life gets longer I trip and fall harder and harder and it makes getting up all that more difficult. I know that I will be able to get back up but I just do not know when will be my last fall. When will I reach my fulfillment in life? Now that I have my niece and nephew I would want them to ever have to go through the hardships my brother and I had to go through as kids. I understand that they have to go through their own things but I just wish they would forever stay as they are, young and innocent.
I miss those days and I know that when I have my kids I am going to have them live those days like if there was no tomorrow. Let them eat ice cream until they throw up, ride in the tea cups until the world is upside down, and take them to Disney World. I will try my best to give those kids everything that I could not have. Now I know what they mean by your only a kid once in life, because after that you get older and older until your wrinkled and can not walk anymore.

1 comment:

heavy D said...

i almost agree with everything you are saying hear i do rember those happy days, and wish sometimes that i could go back to them, but never for more than a second. Like you said "live life as if it were in a pink shade" I realy do not know what that means exactly but i get the idea behind it. You should not be worring about when you will reach your fulfillment in life, because if you are always woundering that you will never reach it you, just have to live each day with no regrets. Every day i leav work with an ear full from my boss about how something could have been done better, because something can always be done better, but i just try to think about the two or three smiles that i help to create each day an it makes it all worth it