Sunday, November 25, 2007

Literatures value on me

In high school the readings we did felt like they were given to us to fulfill public school requirements but in college the professors are given more freedom to what is taught in their course. I have noticed in my rhetoric class that almost all readings are meant to tell us to not forget where we come from, stand up for what we believe in as long as we have are able to back up our argument, and they are more relatable to today's lifestyle. In high school literature was so boring to me that I never seen the point to them but now I have found a new interest to it. I do not know if it comes with the whole college student package but I can actually read novels for my own interest now. I have found great value in my literature activities because in the end I feel like have gained more than just a grade. I learned a life lesson and not through my own personal experience but through the eyes of others who have put it down on paper. Literature to me will never be seen the same it has become important to how my perception of the world.

No comments: