Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Becoming a Godmother


Over the summer I became the godmother of a beautiful little girl named Gizele Alize that is only 1 year old. This little girl is my niece I am so proud to say that I am her godmother it is such a great honor to me. Not only am I her aunt but her godmother, I am looking forward to seeing her grow up and having her come to me with her first boy crush, her first school dance, and seeing her blossom into a beautiful young lady and help her be set off on the right track. This girl means a lot to me I love seeing how everyday she has learned something new. Now that I am at the University of Illinois I miss my family a lot but I am here to go home one day with a diploma saying "Graduate of Class 2011" and that is what motivates me. I hate to think that when I go back to see my little girl she won't be the same as I left her...I miss her saying "du du..du du du du", you see that is what she called her older brother Julian my nephew in the family we call him "Ju Ju" so she says Du Du. Being a godmother comes with great responsibility and I promise to be there for when she needs some advice and to wipe her tears when she has her first broken heart.